Drop Bar Operated Production Vent
- Permanent completions
- Underbalanced perforating
- Drillstem Testing (DST)
- Drop bar operated
- Ideal for perforating underbalanced in wells with existing perforations
- A snap ring ensures that once valve opens, it cannot close
- Required underbalance will ensure proper perforation cleanup potentially improving productivity or injectivity
- No wireline or slickline tools required saving rig time
Creating underbalanced perforating scenarios using a permanent completion string in a well that already possess open perforations can be challenging as only tubing pressure can be manipulated to fire the guns and open the well for surging. The Drop Bar Operated Production Vent allows this to be possible.
The Drop Bar Operated Production Vent prevents fluid entry into the tubing while running in hole. The desired underbalance can be achieved by topping up fluid from surface or using the Fill/Stop Fill Valve. This will vary from job to job depending on well conditions. The production vent can also be used to set packers and liner hangers.
The vent remains closed until a drop bar is deployed which shatters a break plug assembly. This allows hydrostatic to move the piston sleeve, opening the flow ports allowing fluid flow into the tubing. A snap ring inside the vent locks the sleeve in place such that it cannot close should hydrostatic pressure be significantly lowered or from friction caused by fluid injection.
A pressure actuated version of the production vent is also available.